Stack: WS4D-gSOAP (C/C++)
WS4D-gSOAP is a toolkit for developing Web services consumer and provider being conform to the “Devices Profile for Web Services” (DPWS) in C/C++. The toolkit is implemented as an extension to the well known gSOAP Web services toolkit. Developers can concentrate on the implementation of a device’s functionality as WS4D-gSOAP supports code generation on service and device level.
WS4D-gSOAP offers multi-platform support such as Linux i386, Windows-native, Windows-cygwin and embedded Linux. The toolkit supports development within a typical GNU software development toolchain or an integrated development environment such as Visual Studio 2005 or Eclipse.
The WS4D-gSOAP toolkit is hosted at http://trac.e-technik.uni-rostock.de/projects/ws4d-gsoap.
- supports the latest version of gSOAP and its features
- supports multiple platforms, embedded platforms and cross compiler
- can be used to implement web service endpoints conforming to DPWS February 2006
- dpws device: web service provider
- dpws client: web service consumer
- dpws peer: dpws device and client at the same time
- code generation
- service and device description
- device setup
- hosting of web services developed with other tool kits
- life cycle management of hosted services
- basic ws-security support: message signing
See supported features for a more detailed description.